Victor Elementary School
Victor Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Victor Elementary School's student population of 977 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||977 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Victor Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#989 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Torrance Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrance West High School Grades: 9-12 | 2050 students
20401 Victor St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310)533-4299 0.1 9-12 2050
- Torrance Bert M. Lynn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 724 students
5038 Halison St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310)533-4495 0.4 6-8 724
- Redondo Beach Parras (nick G.) Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1200 students
200 N. Lucia
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)798-8616 0.8 6-8 1200
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.