Wingfield High School
Top Placements (Mississippi)
Wingfield High School is Listed among the top public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Wingfield High School's student population of 807 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||807 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wingfield High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 840 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Wingfield High School is Jackson Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Jackson Public School District's student population of 28,019 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 70% has increased from 63% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,246 in this district is less than the state average of $10,065. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,506 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The district spending/student has grown by 30% over four school years.
|School District Name||Jackson Public School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||28,019||2,008|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$275 MM||$20 MM|
|District Spending||$342 MM||$20 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,246||$10,065|
|District Spending / Student||$11,506||$10,094|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jackson Wilkins Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 519 students
1970 Castle Hill Drive
Jackson, MS 39204
(601)371-4306 0.2 PK-5 519
- Jackson Clausell Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 395 students
3330 Harley Street
Jackson, MS 39209
(601)960-5319 1.2 PK-5 395
- Jackson Marshall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 433 students
2909 Oak Forest Drive
Jackson, MS 39212
(601)371-4342 1.2 PK-5 433
- Jackson Key Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 344 students
699 W. Mcdowell Road
Jackson, MS 39204
(601)371-4333 1.4 PK-5 344
- Jackson Jim Hill High School Grades: 9-12 | 1293 students
2185 Fortune Street
Jackson, MS 39204
(601)960-5354 1.5 9-12 1293
I think that students should get the right to stay at home and do their homework and classwork at a certain time at home, they should be able to Take online class, where the teacher log on and give them a lesson and then show them how to work it out and, then give them some homework and classwork.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Idont