Wrens Middle School
Wrens Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 5%)
Wrens Middle School's student population of 253 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||253 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Wrens Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,188 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Wrens Middle School is 0.59, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.69. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#1821 out of 2188 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Wrens Middle School is Jefferson County High School (8.0 miles away)
The nearest middle school is Glascock County Consolidated School (13.2 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Wrens Elementary School (1.3 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Wrens Wrens Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 572 students
1711 Ga Highway 17 N
Wrens, GA 30833
(706) 547-2063 1.3 PK-5 572
- Louisville Jefferson County High School Grades: 9-12 | 828 students
1157 Warrior Trl
Louisville, GA 30434
(478) 625-9991 8 9-12 828
- Blythe Blythe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 298 students
290 Church St
Blythe, GA 30805
(706) 592-4090 12 PK-5 298
- Gibson Glascock County Consolidated School Grades: PK-12 | 539 students
1230 Panther Way
Gibson, GA 30810
(706) 598-2121 13.2 PK-12 539
- Louisville Louisville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 291 students
1200 School St
Louisville, GA 30434
(478) 625-7764 13.9 6-8 291
Entering high school is a big change and a big challenge. Take advice from high school teachers and fellow students to help you survive the transition.
Michelle Rhee's name seems to garner press as often as Education Secretary Arne Duncan, but Rhee has her equal share of critics and supporters. Learn about Rhee's controversial reforms and plans for revolutionizing education in this country.
Learn about how your school will address pandemic health issues, such as the H1N1 virus, and how you can be proactive in learning about school closing guidelines.