Alderwood Elementary School
Alderwood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Alderwood Elementary School's student population of 837 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||837 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alderwood Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 has decreased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#367 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Irvine Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Oak Creek Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 912 students
1 Dove Creek
Irvine, CA 92618
(949)936-8550 1.0 K-6 912
- Irvine Springbrook Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 628 students
655 Springbrook N.
Irvine, CA 92614
(949)936-6050 1.8 K-6 628
- Irvine Rancho San Joaquin Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 863 students
4861 Michelson Dr.
Irvine, CA 92612
(949)936-6500 2.0 7-8 863
- Irvine Eastshore Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 621 students
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)936-5700 2.1 K-6 621
- Irvine Early Childhood Learning Center
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)936-5857 2.3 n/a n/a
With all of the Irvine homes and apartments being built recently, the classes are becoming over crowded (29-30 kids per class). Smart kids go to this school. Some teachers are better and more caring than others. Parking and school drop-offs and pickups are a bit chaotic.
- Posted by Parent - Albert
If you are of color you may have a problem in second grade...Bain...run...other than that the principal is excellent...
- Posted by Parent - mijaj
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.