Alderwood Elementary School
Alderwood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Alderwood Elementary School's student population of 847 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||847 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alderwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 has decreased from 31:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Irvine Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Oak Creek Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 879 students
1 Dove Creek
Irvine, CA 92618
(949)936-8550 1.0 K-6 879
- Irvine Springbrook Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 669 students
655 Springbrook N.
Irvine, CA 92614
(949)936-6050 1.8 K-6 669
- Irvine Rancho San Joaquin Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 863 students
4861 Michelson Dr.
Irvine, CA 92612
(949)936-6500 2.0 7-8 863
- Irvine Eastshore Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 621 students
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)936-5700 2.1 K-6 621
- Irvine Early Childhood Learning Center Grades: PK
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)936-5857 2.3 PK n/a
If you are of color you may have a problem in second grade...Bain...run...other than that the principal is excellent...
- Posted by Parent - mijaj
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.