Alderwood Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Alderwood Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Alderwood Elementary School's student population of 847 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||847 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alderwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 has decreased from 31:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Alderwood Elementary School is Irvine Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Irvine Unified School District's student population of 32,283 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,582 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,330 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|School District Name||Irvine Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||32,283||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$250 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$271 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,582||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$9,330||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Oak Creek Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 879 students
1 Dove Creek
Irvine, CA 92618
(949)936-8550 1.0 K-6 879
- Irvine Springbrook Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 669 students
655 Springbrook N.
Irvine, CA 92614
(949)936-6050 1.8 K-6 669
- Irvine Rancho San Joaquin Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 863 students
4861 Michelson Dr.
Irvine, CA 92612
(949)936-6500 2.0 7-8 863
- Irvine Eastshore Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 621 students
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)936-5700 2.1 K-6 621
- Irvine Early Childhood Learning Center Grades: PK
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)936-5857 2.3 PK n/a
If you are of color you may have a problem in second grade...Bain...run...other than that the principal is excellent...
- Posted by Parent - mijaj
Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.