Alton Elementary School
- Alton Elementary School's student population of 381 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||381 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1719 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alton R-iv School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alton Alton High School Grades: 7-12 | 301 students
Route 2 Box 2180
Alton, MO 65606
(417)778-7215 0.1 7-12 301
- Myrtle Couch Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 82 students
Rte 91 Box 1187
Myrtle, MO 65778
(417)938-4215 11.5 PK-6 82
- Myrtle Couch High School Grades: 7-12 | 134 students
Rte 1 Box 1187
Myrtle, MO 65778
(417)938-4212 11.5 7-12 134
- Thayer Thayer Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 406 students
365 E Walnut St
Thayer, MO 65791
(417)264-4600 13.7 PK-6 406
- Koshkonong Koshkonong Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 166 students
Koshkonong, MO 65692
(417)867-5601 15.0 PK-8 166
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.