Alvarado Intermediate

  • Alvarado Intermediate serves 795 students in grades 7-8.
  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math is 53% (which is higher than the California state average of 37%) for the 2015-2016 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts is 51% (which is higher than the California state average of 48%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • Alvarado Intermediate placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the California state level of 24:1.
  • Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 76%.
  • Alvarado Intermediate operates within the Rowland Unified School District.

Top Placements (California)

Alvarado Intermediate is Listed among the top public schools in California for:

  • Category Attribute
  • Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)

School Overview

  • Alvarado Intermediate's student population of 795 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
  • The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
Grades OfferedGrades 7-8
Total Students795 students
Gender %Alvarado Intermediate Gender
Total Classroom Teachers29 teachers
Students by GradeAlvarado Intermediate Student By Grade

School Comparison

  • Alvarado Intermediate is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
  • The diversity score of Alvarado Intermediate is 0.56, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (CA)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
53%
37%
Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
51%
48%
Student : Teacher Ratio27:124:1
Asian
46%
11%
Hispanic
48%
54%
Black
1%
6%
White
4%
24%
Two or more races
1%
4%
All Ethnic GroupsAlvarado Intermediate All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity BreakdownCA All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity Breakdown
Diversity Score0.560.64
Eligible for Free Lunch
49%
50%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
11%
9%

    District Comparison

    • The school district of Alvarado Intermediate is Rowland Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
    • Rowland Unified School District's student population of 14,590 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
    • The revenue/student of $11,838 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
    • The district's spending/student of $13,227 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
    School District NameRowland Unified School District
    Number of Schools
    Managed
    23
    4
    Number of Students Managed14,5901,585
    Rowland Unified School District Students Managed (1988-2016)
    District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
    40%
    37%
    District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
    51%
    48%
    District Total Revenue$184 MM$18 MM
    District Spending$205 MM$18 MM
    District Revenue / Student$11,838$11,049
    District Spending / Student$13,227$11,340
    School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
    Source: 2015-2016 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education

    Nearby Public Schools

    Show me:

    School Reviews

    Review Alvarado Intermediate. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

    • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
    • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

    I am a:

    Name or Alias:

    Your review:

    Rate this school:
    Recent Articles
    Cell phone policies are changing at schools across the country, and some are even embracing the technology to enhance the learning experience or improve student safety.
    Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
    Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.