Anson Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 293 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 9:1
- Minority Enrollment: 84%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 50-54% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-54% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 69% IA state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
How many students attend Anson Elementary School?
293 students attend Anson Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
61% of Anson Elementary School students are Hispanic, 16% of students are White, 15% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Anson Elementary School?
Anson Elementary School has a student ration of 9:1, which is lower than the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Anson Elementary School offer ?
Anson Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Anson Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities