Ballard High School
Ballard High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Ballard High School's student population of 564 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||564 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ballard High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#99 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ballard Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huxley Ballard Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 348 students
509 N Main Ave
Huxley, IA 50124
(515) 597-2815 0.0 6-8 348
- Cambridge Ballard East Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 405 students
505 W 4th St
Cambridge, IA 50046
(515) 220-4306 3.9 3-5 405
- Slater Ballard West Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 398 students
105 E Main St
Slater, IA 50244
(515) 228-3890 4.3 PK-2 398
- Alleman North Polk Central Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 393 students
311 Ne 141st Ave
Alleman, IA 50007
(515) 984-3400 5.5 PK-5 393
- Alleman North Polk High School Grades: 9-12 | 471 students
13930 Ne 6th St
Alleman, IA 50007
(515) 984-3400 5.5 9-12 471
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.