Barber Community Learning Center
Barber Community Learning Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Barber Community Learning Center's student population of 302 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||302 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Barber Community Learning Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#2697 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Akron City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Seiberling Clc Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 420 students
400 Brittain Rd
Akron, OH 44305
(330)761-7956 0.7 K-6 420
- Akron Summit Academy Akron Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 146 students
2503 Leland Ave
Akron, OH 44312
(330)253-7441 0.9 K-6 146
- Akron Summit Academy Secondary - Akron Grades: 9-12 | 65 students
464 S Hawkins Ave
Akron, OH 44320
(330)434-2343 1.1 9-12 65
- Akron Middlebury Academy Grades: K-8 | 282 students
88 Kent St
Akron, OH 44305
(330)752-2766 1.2 K-8 282
- Akron University Academy Grades: K-8 | 172 students
107 S Arlington St
Akron, OH 44306
(330)535-7728 1.2 K-8 172
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.