Baxter Academy For Technical & Sciences
Baxter Academy For Technical & Sciences places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Baxter Academy For Technical & Sciences's student population of 316 students has grown by 152% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 150% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||316 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Baxter Academy For Technical & Sciences is ranked within the top 20% of all 525 schools in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baxter Academy For Technology And Science School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Howard C Reiche Community School Grades: PK-5 | 427 students
166 Brackett St
Portland, ME 04102
(207)874-8175 0.5 PK-5 427
- Portland Portland High School Grades: 9-12 | 793 students
284 Cumberland Av
Portland, ME 04101
(207)874-8250 0.5 9-12 793
- Portland King Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 517 students
92 Deering Av
Portland, ME 04102
(207)874-8140 0.9 6-8 517
- South Portland Daniel F. Mahoney Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 317 students
240 Ocean St.
South Portland, ME 04106
(207)799-7386 1.3 6-8 317
Baxter is an innovative public charter school with emphasis on learning through hands on projects, including one day each week where highly motivated students work on a year long project of their own design. Starting with a freshman and sophomore class its first year, its outgrown its facility as it built up to to 9th through 12th grades and will be moving to a new site in Portland for more adequate accommodations. Dedicated teachers. My son (1st graduating class) thrived there. He's is now doing well in college, enrolled as an engineering major.
- Posted by Parent - Bob
Nearby Homes for Sale
The results are in from Education Week’s annual public school rankings – and Maryland schools take the top spot for the fourth year in a row.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.