Maine Public Schools
- Maine is the #43 largest school system in the United States, serving 175,822 students across 610 public schools.
- Maine public schools have a diversity score of 0.12, which is lower than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 10% (majority Black and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(ME) School Average
Two or more races
Maine Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools15,380 Students19% Minority
- 48 Schools9,467 Students8% Minority
- 97 Schools39,262 Students16% Minority
- 17 Schools4,450 Students4% Minority
- 32 Schools5,922 Students7% Minority
- 54 Schools16,611 Students7% Minority
- 24 Schools4,565 Students5% Minority
- 18 Schools3,713 Students4% Minority
- 32 Schools8,365 Students5% Minority
- 74 Schools20,380 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools2,205 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools4,894 Students7% Minority
- 32 Schools6,862 Students4% Minority
- 26 Schools4,591 Students6% Minority
- 36 Schools3,852 Students9% Minority
- 59 Schools25,303 Students7% Minority
July 12, 2018
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
July 12, 2018
Meal delivery services are all the rage these days, but could they be the solution to the school lunch problem? Keep reading to find out!
May 18, 2018
Find out where the members of the 115th House of Representatives went to school and how many chose private school over public school for their own children.