Maine Public Schools
- Maine is the #43 largest school system in the United States, serving 177,031 students across 619 public schools.
- Maine public schools have a diversity score of 0.11, which is lower than the national average of 0.31.
- Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Black and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(ME) School Average
Two or more races
Maine Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 36 Schools15,605 Students18% Minority
- 49 Schools9,704 Students7% Minority
- 97 Schools39,140 Students15% Minority
- 17 Schools4,503 Students4% Minority
- 33 Schools6,092 Students7% Minority
- 54 Schools16,422 Students6% Minority
- 24 Schools4,601 Students5% Minority
- 19 Schools3,702 Students4% Minority
- 32 Schools8,467 Students5% Minority
- 76 Schools20,385 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools2,246 Students5% Minority
- 18 Schools5,008 Students6% Minority
- 33 Schools7,177 Students5% Minority
- 26 Schools4,651 Students6% Minority
- 38 Schools3,818 Students9% Minority
- 59 Schools25,510 Students7% Minority
March 09, 2018
We examine the rise in atheist club in public schools across the country – and how the push for Christian clubs may have inadvertently spurred this growth.
March 05, 2018
Changes instigated by the Trump Administration have been met with a great deal of controversy but one of the biggest debates within the education sector is in regard to integration and charter schools. Keep reading to learn more about the charter school debate and what you should know as a parent.
March 05, 2018
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.