Top Maine Public Schools
- Maine is the #43 largest school system in the United States, serving 175,822 students across the top 610 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Maine public schools have a diversity score of 0.12, which is lower than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 10% (majority Black and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(ME) School Average
Two or more races
Top Maine Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools15,380 Students19% Minority
- 48 Schools9,467 Students8% Minority
- 97 Schools39,262 Students16% Minority
- 17 Schools4,450 Students4% Minority
- 32 Schools5,922 Students7% Minority
- 54 Schools16,611 Students7% Minority
- 24 Schools4,565 Students5% Minority
- 18 Schools3,713 Students4% Minority
- 32 Schools8,365 Students5% Minority
- 74 Schools20,380 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools2,205 Students4% Minority
- 18 Schools4,894 Students7% Minority
- 32 Schools6,862 Students4% Minority
- 26 Schools4,591 Students6% Minority
- 36 Schools3,852 Students9% Minority
- 59 Schools25,303 Students7% Minority
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.