Top Maine Public Schools
- Maine is the #40 largest school system in the United States, serving 173,139 students across the top 596 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Maine public schools have a diversity score of 0.12, which is lower than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 10% (majority Black and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(ME) School Average
Two or more races
Top Maine Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 35 Schools15,380 Students19% Minority
- 44 Schools8,926 Students8% Minority
- 95 Schools38,388 Students16% Minority
- 17 Schools4,450 Students4% Minority
- 32 Schools5,922 Students7% Minority
- 54 Schools16,611 Students7% Minority
- 24 Schools4,565 Students5% Minority
- 18 Schools3,713 Students4% Minority
- 31 Schools8,194 Students5% Minority
- 73 Schools20,256 Students7% Minority
- 7 Schools1,813 Students3% Minority
- 17 Schools4,777 Students7% Minority
- 30 Schools6,497 Students4% Minority
- 25 Schools4,492 Students6% Minority
- 35 Schools3,852 Students9% Minority
- 59 Schools25,303 Students7% Minority
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.