Maine Public Schools
- Maine is the #43 largest school system in the United States, serving 177,031 students across 619 public schools.
- Maine public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.17, which is lower than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 9% (majority Black and Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(ME) School Average
Two or more races
Maine Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 36 Schools15,605 Students18% Minority
- 49 Schools9,704 Students7% Minority
- 97 Schools39,140 Students15% Minority
- 17 Schools4,503 Students4% Minority
- 33 Schools6,092 Students7% Minority
- 56 Schools17,612 Students6% Minority
- 24 Schools4,601 Students5% Minority
- 19 Schools3,702 Students4% Minority
- 32 Schools8,467 Students5% Minority
- 76 Schools20,385 Students7% Minority
- 8 Schools2,246 Students5% Minority
- 18 Schools5,008 Students6% Minority
- 30 Schools5,987 Students5% Minority
- 26 Schools4,651 Students6% Minority
- 38 Schools3,818 Students9% Minority
- 59 Schools25,510 Students7% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.