James H Bean School
- James H Bean School's student population of 236 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James H Bean School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#262 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 18 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belgrade Belgrade Central School Grades: PK-5 | 270 students
158 Depot Road
Belgrade, ME 04917
(207)495-2321 4.5 PK-5 270
- Vassalboro Vassalboro Community School Grades: PK-8 | 403 students
1116 Webber Pond Rd
Vassalboro, ME 04989
(207)923-3100 4.5 PK-8 403
- Augusta Sylvio J Gilbert School Grades: PK-6 | 345 students
16 Sunset Avenue
Augusta, ME 04330
(207)626-2491 7.6 PK-6 345
- Waterville Waterville Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 376 students
100 West River Rd
Waterville, ME 04901
(207)873-2144 7.6 6-8 376
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.