Belfair Montessori School
- Belfair Montessori School's student population of 323 students has grown by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has grown by 104% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||323 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Belfair Montessori School's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#220 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Capitol Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 431 students
4141 Gus Young Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)343-9364 0.4 PK-5 431
- Sorrento Celerity Dalton Charter School Grades: PK-7 | 442 students
7384 John Leblanc Blvd
Sorrento, LA 70778
(225)357-0244 0.7 PK-7 442
- Baton Rouge Eden Park Superintendent Academy Grades: K-5 | 69 students
1650 North Acadian Thruway Eas
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)387-5224 0.7 K-5 69
- Baton Rouge Melrose Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 478 students
1348 Valcour Steet
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)926-2353 0.7 PK-5 478
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.