Belfair Montessori School
Belfair Montessori School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Belfair Montessori School's student population of 326 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Belfair Montessori School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#168 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Capitol Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 409 students
4141 Gus Young Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225) 343-9364 0.4 PK-5 409
- Sorrento Celerity Dalton Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 415 students
7384 John Leblanc Blvd
Sorrento, LA 70778
(985) 306-9638 0.7 PK-8 415
- Baton Rouge Eden Park Superintendent Academy Grades: K-5 | 55 students
1650 North Acadian Thruway Eas
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225) 387-5224 0.7 K-5 55
- Baton Rouge Melrose Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 450 students
1348 Valcour Steet
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225) 926-2353 0.7 PK-5 450
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.