- Benson Secondary's student population of 361 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Benson Secondary's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1104 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Benson Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Benson Heartland Girls Ranch Grades: 7-12 | 24 students
185 Swy 9 Ne
Benson, MN 56215
(320)843-4815 0.0 7-12 24
- Benson Northside Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 461 students
1800 W Nevada Ave
Benson, MN 56215
(320)842-2717 0.3 PK-6 461
- Murdock Murdock Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 437 students
408 Hollis St N
Murdock, MN 56271
(320)875-2441 12.0 PK-6 437
- Hancock Hancock Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 198 students
371 Hancock Ave
Hancock, MN 56244
(320)392-5622 15.4 PK-6 198
- Kerkhoven Kerkhoven Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 266 students
302 15th St N
Kerkhoven, MN 56252
(320)264-1412 16.0 7-12 266
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.