Hancock Elementary School
Hancock Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Hancock Elementary School's student population of 202 students has grown by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hancock Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1784 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Hancock Elementary School is Hancock Public School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Hancock Public School District's student population of 340 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,912 in this district is less than the state average of $11,015. The district revenue/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,698 is less than the state average of $11,205. The district spending/student has declined by 53% over four school years.
|School District Name||Hancock Public School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||340||531|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|District Total Revenue||$3 MM||$6 MM|
|District Spending||$3 MM||$6 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,912||$11,015|
|District Spending / Student||$9,698||$11,205|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hancock Hancock Secondary School Grades: 7-12 | 138 students
371 Hancock Ave
Hancock, MN 56244
(320)392-5622 0.0 7-12 138
- Morris Morris Area Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 485 students
201 S Columbia Ave
Morris, MN 56267
(320)589-4400 8.0 7-12 485
- Morris Morris Area Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 543 students
151 S Columbia Ave
Morris, MN 56267
(320)589-1250 8.1 PK-6 543
- Morris Midwest Special Education Coop. Elementary School Grades: PK | 15 students
600 Columbia Ave
Morris, MN 56267
(320)589-4248 8.6 PK 15
- Starbuck Glacial Hills Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 123 students
610 W 6th St
Starbuck, MN 56381
(320)239-3840 14.6 K-6 123
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.