Big Valley Elementary School
- Big Valley Elementary School's student population of 66 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Big Valley Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#9138 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Big Valley Joint Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bieber Big Valley Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 81 students
400 Bridge St.
Bieber, CA 96009
(530)294-5231 0.1 7-12 81
- Mcarthur Fall River Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 227 students
44215 Walnut St.
Mcarthur, CA 96056
(530)336-5515 14.5 7-12 227
- Mcarthur Soldier Mountain High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 15 students
44144 A St.
Mcarthur, CA 96056
(530)336-7159 14.5 9-12 15
- Fall River Mills Fall River Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 310 students
24977 Curve St.
Fall River Mills, CA 96028
(530)336-5551 17.6 K-6 310
- Canby Modoc County Juvenile Court Grades: K-12 | 17 students
Corner Of Co Rds. 82 & 161
Canby, CA 96015
(530)233-5215 24.8 K-12 17
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.