Big Valley Junior Senior High School
- Big Valley Junior Senior High School's student population of 81 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Big Valley Junior Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8567 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Big Valley Joint Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bieber Big Valley Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 66 students
90 First St.
Bieber, CA 96009
(530)294-5214 0.1 K-6 66
- Mcarthur Soldier Mountain High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 15 students
44144 A St.
Mcarthur, CA 96056
(530)336-7159 14.5 9-12 15
- Mcarthur Fall River Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 227 students
44215 Walnut St.
Mcarthur, CA 96056
(530)336-5515 14.6 7-12 227
- Fall River Mills Fall River Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 310 students
24977 Curve St.
Fall River Mills, CA 96028
(530)336-5551 17.6 K-6 310
- Canby Modoc County Juvenile Court Grades: K-12 | 17 students
Corner Of Co Rds. 82 & 161
Canby, CA 96015
(530)233-5215 24.8 K-12 17
Nearby Homes for Sale
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.