Bigfork Elementary School
- Bigfork Elementary School's student population of 175 students has grown by 48% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bigfork Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#744 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Grand Rapids Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Deer River Deer River Secondary Grades: 6-12 | 437 students
101 1st Ave Ne
Deer River, MN 56636
(218)246-8241 29.0 6-12 437
- Northome Northome Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 76 students
11731 Hwy 1
Northome, MN 56661
(218)897-5275 29.0 7-12 76
- Deer River King Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 519 students
500 5th St Se
Deer River, MN 56636
(218)246-8860 29.4 PK-5 519
- Coleraine Greenway Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 300 students
308 Roosevelt Ave
Coleraine, MN 55722
(218)245-1287 32.8 5-8 300
- Cohasset Cohasset Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 241 students
450 Columbus Ave
Cohasset, MN 55721
(218)327-5860 33.1 K-4 241
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.