Birney Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Birney Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Birney Elementary School's student population of 541 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||541 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Birney Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has increased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Birney Elementary School is San Diego Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- San Diego Unified School District's student population of 129,394 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,786 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 15% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,488 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||San Diego Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||129,394||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$1,405 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$1,497 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,786||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$11,488||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Garfield Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 337 students
4487 Oregon St.
San Diego, CA 92116
(619)362-4300 0.8 K-5 337
- San Diego Florence Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 249 students
3914 First Ave.
San Diego, CA 92103
(619)344-5900 1.0 K-5 249
- San Diego Roosevelt International Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1013 students
3366 Park Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92103
(619)293-4450 1.0 6-8 1013
- San Diego Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 368 students
3770 Utah St.
San Diego, CA 92104
(619)344-3300 1.1 K-5 368
Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.