Birney Elementary School
- Birney Elementary School's student population of 560 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||560 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Birney Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1517 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Diego Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Garfield Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 311 students
4487 Oregon St.
San Diego, CA 92116
(619)362-4300 0.8 K-5 311
- San Diego Florence Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 244 students
3914 First Ave.
San Diego, CA 92103
(619)344-5900 1.0 K-5 244
- San Diego Roosevelt International Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1018 students
3366 Park Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92103
(619)293-4450 1.0 6-8 1018
- San Diego Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 367 students
3770 Utah St.
San Diego, CA 92104
(619)344-3300 1.1 K-5 367
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.