Boyer Valley Middle/High School
- Boyer Valley Middle/High School's student population of 235 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Boyer Valley Middle/High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#748 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boyer Valley Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dow City Boyer Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 215 students
212 School St
Dow City, IA 51528
(712) 674-3248 7.3 PK-5 215
- Woodbine Woodbine Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 335 students
501 Weare St
Woodbine, IA 51579
(712) 647-2440 9.9 PK-6 335
- Charter Oak Charter Oak-ute Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 151 students
Charter Oak, IA 51439
(712) 678-3325 14.6 PK-5 151
- Charter Oak Charter Oak-ute Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 47 students
321 Main St
Charter Oak, IA 51439
(712) 678-3325 14.6 6-8 47
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.