Brighton North Primary School
- Brighton North Primary School's student population of 289 students has declined by 42% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 48% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brighton North Primary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,525 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Southwestern CUSD 9 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Piasa Southwestern High School Grades: 9-12 | 488 students
Po Box 100
Piasa, IL 62079
(618)729-3211 5.1 9-12 488
- Piasa Southwestern Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 235 students
Po Box 70
Piasa, IL 62079
(618)729-3217 5.1 7-8 235
- Jerseyville Journeys School 23 students
28968 Delhi Rd
Jerseyville, IL 62052
(618)885-5613 5.5 n/a 23
- Godfrey Lewis & Clark Elementary School Grades: K-1 | 269 students
6800 Humbert Rd
Godfrey, IL 62035
(618)463-2177 6.2 K-1 269
- Shipman Shipman Elementary School Grades: 3-4 | 210 students
Po Box 229
Shipman, IL 62685
(618)836-5535 6.9 3-4 210
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.