Broward Math And Science Schools
- Broward Math And Science Schools's student population of 335 students has grown by 69% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 75% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||335 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Broward Math And Science Schools is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2097 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Broward School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pompano Beach Renaissance Charter School Of Coral Springs Grades: K-8 | 1,488 student
6250 W Sample Rd
Pompano Beach, FL 33067
(954) 369-1179 0.3 K-8 1,488
- Pompano Beach Alphabet Land-margate Grades: PK | 19 students
2851 N State Road 7
Pompano Beach, FL 33063
(954) 978-2900 0.6 PK 19
- Coral Springs Coral Springs High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,835 students
7201 W Sample Rd
Coral Springs, FL 33065
(754) 322-0500 1.0 9-12 2,835
- Pompano Beach Forest Glen Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,381 student
6501 Turtle Run Blvd
Pompano Beach, FL 33067
(754) 322-3400 1.1 6-8 1,381
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.