Build Community School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 344 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 95%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in NY
- Math Proficiency: 5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 9% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NY Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 54% NY state average), while 9% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 52% NY state average).
How many students attend Build Community School?
344 students attend Build Community School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
77% of Build Community School students are Black, 8% of students are Asian, 6% of students are Two or more races, 5% of students are White, and 4% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Build Community School?
Build Community School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the New York state average of 12:1.
What grades does Build Community School offer ?
Build Community School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Build Community School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities