C. T. English Middle School
C. T. English Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- C. T. English Middle School's student population of 231 students has grown by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- C. T. English Middle School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#720 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Loma Prieta Joint Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Gatos Lexington Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 151 students
19700 Old Santa Cruz Hwy.
Los Gatos, CA 95033
(408) 335-2150 4.8 K-5 151
- Scotts Valley Scotts Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 802 students
555 Glenwood Dr.
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
(831) 439-9555 5.1 9-12 802
- Scotts Valley Vine Hill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 556 students
151 Vine Hill Sch Rd.
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
(831) 438-1090 5.2 K-5 556
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.