Cache High School
- Cache High School's student population of 140 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cache High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 932 schools in Utah (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (UT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Cache High School is Cache School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 140 school districts in Utah (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Cache School District's student population of 16,952 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 94% has increased from 89% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $6,594 is higher than the state average of $5,810. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $7,199 is higher than the state average of $6,353. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Cache School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||16,952||584|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$106 MM||$3 MM|
|District Spending||$116 MM||$4 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$6,594||$5,810|
|District Spending / Student||$7,199||$6,353|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Logan Bridger School Grades: K-5 | 662 students
1261 N 400 W
Logan, UT 84341
(435)755-2345 0.3 K-5 662
- Providence Center For Creativity Innovation And Discovery
Temp 67 S. Sherwood Drive
Providence, UT 84332
(435)770-5823 0.3 n/a n/a
- Logan Mount Logan Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1299 students
875 N 200 E
Logan, UT 84321
(435)755-2370 0.9 6-8 1299
- Logan Intech Collegiate High School Grades: 9-12 | 196 students
1787 N Research Parkway
Logan, UT 84341
(435)753-7377 1.1 9-12 196
- Logan Adams School Grades: K-5 | 362 students
415 E 500 N
Logan, UT 84321
(435)755-2320 1.4 K-5 362
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.