Aromas/San Juan Unified School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 top public schools in Aromas/San Juan Unified School District, serving 1,118 students.
- Public school in Aromas/San Juan Unified School District have an average math proficiency score of 29% (versus California public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 43% (versus 48% California statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in California.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Aromas, with 40% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in California or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Anzar High School, with 60-64% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in California or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 71% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the California public school average of 76% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is equal to the California public school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Aromas/San Juan Unified School District|
|School District Website||http://www.asjusd.k12.ca.us|
|School District Phone Number||(831)623-4500|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||10,447 Schools|
|# of Students||1,118 Students||6,236,707 Students|
|# of Teachers||49 Teachers||267,352 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
- Aromas/San Juan Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,006 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||34,214 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||15 Students||712,988 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||760 Students||3,383,167 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||350,426 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||320 Students||1,474,092 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||29,333 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19 Students||253,015 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||10|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||82||535,513|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||88||456,488|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||74||445,901|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||89||465,476|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||82||471,595|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||84||487,834|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||84||476,388|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||92||474,069|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||104||472,842|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||97||489,019|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||88||487,828|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||96||482,868|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||58||484,670|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||6,206|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,084 is higher than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,975 is less than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$12 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,084||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$9,975||$11,280|
Aromas/San Juan Unified School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | CA School Rank)
- San Juan Bautista Anzar High School 2000 San Juan Hwy.
San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
Grades: 9-12 | 339 students
- Aromas Aromas 365 Vega St.
Aromas, CA 95004
Grades: K-8 | 412 students
- San Juan Bautista San Juan 100 Nyland Dr.
San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
Grades: K-8 | 367 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.