Canyon View Elementary School
Canyon View Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Canyon View Elementary School's student population of 801 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||801 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Canyon View Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 has increased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#278 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Irvine Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Northwood High School Grades: 9-12 | 2240 students
4515 Portola Pkwy.
Irvine, CA 92620
(949)936-7200 0.2 9-12 2240
- Irvine Santiago Hills Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 625 students
29 Christamon W.
Irvine, CA 92620
(949)936-6000 0.7 K-6 625
- Irvine Orchard Hills Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 1156 students
11555 Culver Dr.
Irvine, CA 92602
(714)430-2078 0.9 K-8 1156
The American public school system is by no means perfect, but is it completely broken? Keep reading to learn about some of the top issues affecting the public school system.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.