Canyon View Elementary School
Canyon View Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Canyon View Elementary School's student population of 801 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||801 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Canyon View Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 has increased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Irvine Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Northwood High School Grades: 9-12 | 2240 students
4515 Portola Pkwy.
Irvine, CA 92620
(949)936-7200 0.2 9-12 2240
- Irvine Santiago Hills Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 625 students
29 Christamon W.
Irvine, CA 92620
(949)936-6000 0.7 K-6 625
- Irvine Orchard Hills Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 1156 students
11555 Culver Dr.
Irvine, CA 92602
(714)430-2078 0.9 K-8 1156
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.