Northwood High School
Northwood High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Northwood High School's student population of 2,237 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 82 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,237 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||82 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northwood High School's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has decreased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#215 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Irvine Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Canyon View Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 681 students
12025 Yale Ct.
Irvine, CA 92620
(949)936-6900 0.2 K-6 681
- Irvine Orchard Hills Grades: K-8 | 1233 students
11555 Culver Dr.
Irvine, CA 92602
(714)430-2078 0.8 K-8 1233
- Irvine Santiago Hills Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 605 students
29 Christamon W.
Irvine, CA 92620
(949)936-6000 0.9 K-6 605
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.