Cape Hatteras Elementary School
- Cape Hatteras Elementary School's student population of 308 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||308 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cape Hatteras Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#466 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dare County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Cape Hatteras Elementary School is Cape Hatteras Secondary School (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ocracoke Ocracoke School Grades: PK-13 | 184 students
120 Schoolhouse Rd
Ocracoke, NC 27960
(252)928-3251 25.6 PK-13 184
- Swanquarter Mattamuskeet Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 242 students
60 Juniper Bay Road
Swanquarter, NC 27885
(252)926-0240 39.6 PK-5 242
- Swanquarter Mattamuskeet Early College High School Grades: 6-13 | 193 students
20392 Hwy Us 264
Swanquarter, NC 27885
(252)926-0221 39.8 6-13 193
- Manteo Dare County Alternative School Grades: 9-12 | 28 students
829 Wingina Avenue
Manteo, NC 27954
(252)473-3141 44.0 9-12 28
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.