- Ocracoke School's student population of 185 students has grown by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-13|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ocracoke School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#207 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hyde County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buxton Cape Hatteras Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 308 students
47500 Middle Ridge
Buxton, NC 27920
(252)995-6196 25.6 PK-5 308
- Swanquarter Mattamuskeet Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 242 students
60 Juniper Bay Road
Swanquarter, NC 27885
(252)926-0240 26.4 PK-5 242
- Atlantic Atlantic Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 86 students
151 School Drive
Atlantic, NC 28511
(252)225-3961 26.6 PK-5 86
- Swanquarter Mattamuskeet Early College High School Grades: 6-13 | 197 students
20392 Hwy Us 264
Swanquarter, NC 27885
(252)926-0221 26.9 6-13 197
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.