Top Ocracoke Public Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 top public school in Ocracoke, North Carolina, serving 185 students.
- Ocracoke, NC public schools have a diversity score of 0.49, which is higher than the North Carolina average of 0.46.
- The most diverse school in Ocracoke is Ocracoke School. Read more about public school diversity statistics in North Carolina or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 37% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Top Ocracoke, NC Public Schools (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Ocracoke Ocracoke School120 Schoolhouse Rd
Ocracoke, NC 27960
Grades: PK-13 | 185 students
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.