Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School
Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School's student population of 566 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2020)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||566 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#751 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Etiwanda Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rancho Cucamonga Rancho Cucamonga High School Grades: 9-12 | 3,339 students
11801 Lark Dr.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
(909) 989-1600 0.4 9-12 3,339
- Rancho Cucamonga Terra Vista Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 869 students
7497 Mountain View Dr.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
(909) 945-5715 0.8 K-5 869
- Rancho Cucamonga Victoria Groves Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 575 students
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
(909) 484-5070 0.8 K-6 575
- Rancho Cucamonga Caryn Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 586 students
6290 Sierra Crest View Loop
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
(909) 941-9551 1.0 K-5 586
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.