Central High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,705 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 29%
- Graduation Rate: 84% (Btm 50% in MO)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50%
- Math Proficiency: 38% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 63% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
Central High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Central High School's ranking?
Central High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for: Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
38% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% MO state average), while 63% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MO state average).
What is the graduation rate of Central High School?
The graduation rate of Central High School is 84%, which is lower than the Missouri state average of 90%.
How many students attend Central High School?
1,705 students attend Central High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
71% of Central High School students are White, 10% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Black, 6% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Central High School?
Central High School has a student ration of 17:1, which is higher than the Missouri state average of 13:1.
What grades does Central High School offer ?
Central High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
Review Central High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities