Cerritos Elementary School
- Cerritos Elementary School's student population of 425 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||425 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cerritos Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has increased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Cerritos Elementary School is Glendale Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Glendale Unified School District's student population of 26,052 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,850 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has grown by 10% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,250 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Glendale Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||26,052||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$284 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$268 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,850||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,250||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Cerritos Elementary School is Alliance Leichtman-levine Family Foundation Env Sci High School (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is odore Roosevelt Middle School (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is odore Roosevelt Middle School (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale odore Roosevelt Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 770 students
222 E. Acacia Ave.
Glendale, CA 91206
(818)242-6845 0.6 6-8 770
- Glendale Horace Mann Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 661 students
501 E. Acacia Ave.
Glendale, CA 91205
(818)246-2421 0.7 K-5 661
- Los Angeles Atwater Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 309 students
3271 Silver Lake Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323)665-5941 0.8 K-6 309
- Los Angeles Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 313 students
3955 Glenfeliz Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323)666-1431 0.8 K-6 313
- Los Angeles Alliance Leichtman-levine Family Foundation Env Sci High School Grades: 9-12 | 528 students
2930 Fletcher Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323)739-0560 0.9 9-12 528
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.