Charlotte Choice Charter
- Charlotte Choice Charter's student population of 206 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 42% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Charlotte Choice Charter is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,555 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2469 out of 2555 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charlotte Choice Charter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Aristotle Preparatory Academy Grades: K-5 | 124 students
8101 Fallsdale Drive
Charlotte, NC 28214
(704)215-4550 0.0 K-5 124
- Concord Cabarrus Charter Academy Grades: K-11 | 960 students
355 Poplar Crossing Dr Nw
Concord, NC 28027
(704)789-2500 0.0 K-11 960
- Raleigh Central Wake Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 177 students
1425 Rock Quarry Road
Raleigh, NC 27610
(919)521-5067 0.0 9-12 177
- Wilmington Douglass Academy Grades: K-5 | 179 students
507 N 6th Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
(910)763-1976 0.0 K-5 179
- Creedmoor Falls Lake Academy Grades: K-11 | 955 students
1701 East Lyon Station Road
Creedmoor, NC 27522
(919)964-9003 0.0 K-11 955
My son had Adhd and odd which Connie was aware and assured me they could help him because they offered smaller classes than the public school. Asked for a 504 plan due to ADHD and behavior back September and here it is November and 4 visits am getting the runaround. They principal even got mad and called the police on have me escorted out the building because he couldn't answer my questions. I'm so glad I videotaped the meeting. If anyone has had or is having problems find me on face book. We need to stop these people from preying on our children.
- Posted by Parent - Ivy Gathers Deloatch
Great school, its a new school so there have been some challenges, but they are going 4 years strong and they are honestly just getting better and better. My children are happy, and administration is really cracking down on performance and academics. Sports are new addition, pretty cool.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Staff and teachers are nice so nothing personal. But my son will not go to that school next year. VERY DISORGANIZED
- Posted by Parent - cryst
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.