Clarksville Elementary School
Clarksville Elementary School serves 449 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Clarksville Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 92% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 81% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Virginia state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 51% (majority Black).
Clarksville Elementary School's student population of 449 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Clarksville Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Clarksville Elementary School is 0.60, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#481 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, VA Dept. of Education
Review Clarksville Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
New Study Confirms That Private Schools Are No Better Than Public Schools
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Parents Refuse Common Core Testing
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.