Clay Intermediate Center
- Clay Intermediate Center's student population of 433 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 93% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||433 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clay Intermediate Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1632 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Bend Community School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Bend Clay High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,040 student
19131 Darden Rd
South Bend, IN 46637
(574) 393-4900 0.5 9-12 1,040
- South Bend Darden Primary Center Grades: K-4 | 451 students
18645 Janet St
South Bend, IN 46637
(574) 243-7335 0.9 K-4 451
- South Bend Brown Intermediate Center Grades: 4-8 | 431 students
737 W Beale St
South Bend, IN 46616
(574) 393-3800 1.9 4-8 431
- South Bend Marquette Montessori Academy Grades: PK-3 | 451 students
1818 Bergan St
South Bend, IN 46628
(574) 393-2400 2.3 PK-3 451
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.