Cochise Elementary School serves 615 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Cochise Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 76% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Arizona state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 65% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 615 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Minority Enrollment: 20%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in AZ
- Math Proficiency: 76% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Cochise Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Cochise Elementary School's student population of 615 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cochise Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,854 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Cochise Elementary School is 0.35, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#66 out of 1854 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (20-21)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cochise Elementary School's ranking?
Cochise Elementary School is ranked #66 out of 1,854 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in Arizona.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
76% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 32% AZ state average), while 70% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 39% AZ state average).
How many students attend Cochise Elementary School?
615 students attend Cochise Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
80% of Cochise Elementary School students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Asian, 4% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Black, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Cochise Elementary School?
Cochise Elementary School has a student ration of 17:1, which is equal to the Arizona state average of 17:1.
What grades does Cochise Elementary School offer ?
Cochise Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Cochise Elementary School part of?
Cochise Elementary School is part of Scottsdale Unified District (4240) School District.
Review Cochise Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.