Cherokee Elementary School
- Cherokee Elementary School's student population of 609 students has grown by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||609 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cherokee Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#25 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scottsdale Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Paradise Valley Scottsdale Country Day School Grades: K-6 | 122 students
10460 N 56th St
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
(480)452-5777 1.1 K-6 122
- Phoenix The Farm At Mission Montessori Academy Grades: 4-8 | 43 students
4530 E. Gold Dust Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85028
(602)466-1153 1.7 4-8 43
- Scottsdale Cocopah Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 929 students
6615 E. Cholla St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(480)484-6100 2.1 6-8 929
- Phoenix Accelerated Learning Center Grades: 9-12 | 183 students
4105 East Shea Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85028
(602)485-0309 2.2 9-12 183
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.