Arizona Public Schools
- Arizona is the #13 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,102,605 students across 2,444 public schools.
- Arizona public schools have a diversity score of 0.65, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- The most diverse school district in Arizona is Cobre Valley Institute Of Technology School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Arizona or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 61% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 20:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AZ) School Average
Two or more races
Arizona Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 59 Schools10,844 Students84% Minority
- 76 Schools19,842 Students62% Minority
- 74 Schools18,250 Students60% Minority
- 35 Schools7,763 Students57% Minority
- 34 Schools6,693 Students47% Minority
- 8 Schools1,818 Students62% Minority
- 13 Schools2,352 Students78% Minority
- 1,269 Schools737,073 Students59% Minority
- 69 Schools23,650 Students34% Minority
- 93 Schools14,695 Students60% Minority
- 378 Schools142,553 Students67% Minority
- 122 Schools44,433 Students62% Minority
- 29 Schools9,924 Students97% Minority
- 106 Schools25,011 Students35% Minority
- 79 Schools37,704 Students86% Minority
June 12, 2018
Learn about the pros and cons of graduating early from high school.
June 12, 2018
Peek into what have been dubbed “Taj Majal” high schools, with a list of the five most expensive high schools in the country, how much they cost, and what they really offer students.
May 18, 2018
Find out where the members of the 115th House of Representatives went to school and how many chose private school over public school for their own children.