Arizona Public Schools
- Arizona is the #15 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,096,937 students across 2,271 public schools.
- Arizona public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.64, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 60% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 20:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AZ) School Average
Two or more races
Arizona Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 58 Schools10,904 Students84% Minority
- 74 Schools20,078 Students61% Minority
- 67 Schools18,435 Students59% Minority
- 34 Schools7,896 Students57% Minority
- 32 Schools6,838 Students48% Minority
- 7 Schools1,840 Students62% Minority
- 13 Schools2,440 Students78% Minority
- 1,169 Schools725,828 Students58% Minority
- 62 Schools23,646 Students33% Minority
- 93 Schools18,150 Students63% Minority
- 350 Schools143,296 Students67% Minority
- 115 Schools44,636 Students61% Minority
- 29 Schools10,024 Students96% Minority
- 101 Schools24,991 Students34% Minority
- 67 Schools37,935 Students85% Minority
November 09, 2017
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, more commonly referred to simply as “Common Core”, was introduced to help American students graduate from high school better prepared for career and college. But what exactly are these "common core" standards, and are they working?
November 07, 2017
In Indiana, a voucher program is up and running and changing the face of public education in the state.
October 25, 2017
Empower yourself and your children by learning what parents can do to protect their children from bullies and bullying behavior as they enter this new school year.