Arizona Public Schools
- Arizona is the #15 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,096,937 students across 2,271 public schools.
- Arizona public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.64, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 60% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 20:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AZ) School Average
Two or more races
Arizona Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 58 Schools10,904 Students84% Minority
- 74 Schools20,078 Students61% Minority
- 67 Schools18,435 Students59% Minority
- 34 Schools7,896 Students57% Minority
- 32 Schools6,838 Students48% Minority
- 7 Schools1,840 Students62% Minority
- 13 Schools2,440 Students78% Minority
- 1,165 Schools722,507 Students58% Minority
- 62 Schools23,646 Students33% Minority
- 93 Schools18,150 Students63% Minority
- 350 Schools143,296 Students67% Minority
- 119 Schools47,957 Students58% Minority
- 29 Schools10,024 Students96% Minority
- 101 Schools24,991 Students34% Minority
- 67 Schools37,935 Students85% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.