Arizona Public Schools
- Arizona is the #13 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,104,018 students across 2,456 public schools.
- Arizona public schools have a diversity score of 0.65, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- The most diverse school district in Arizona is Cobre Valley Institute Of Technology School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Arizona or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 61% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 20:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AZ) School Average
Two or more races
Arizona Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 59 Schools10,844 Students84% Minority
- 76 Schools19,842 Students62% Minority
- 74 Schools18,250 Students60% Minority
- 35 Schools7,763 Students57% Minority
- 34 Schools6,693 Students47% Minority
- 8 Schools1,818 Students62% Minority
- 13 Schools2,352 Students78% Minority
- 1,276 Schools737,666 Students59% Minority
- 69 Schools23,650 Students34% Minority
- 93 Schools14,695 Students60% Minority
- 381 Schools142,622 Students67% Minority
- 121 Schools42,875 Students62% Minority
- 28 Schools9,830 Students97% Minority
- 105 Schools25,053 Students35% Minority
- 79 Schools37,704 Students86% Minority
April 12, 2018
We review the five goals of the Los Angeles Unified School District and their strategies for meeting those goals.
April 12, 2018
The Fairfax County school system is one of the oldest in the country. We’ll explore its long and illustrious history.
April 05, 2018
Every year, standardized tests reveal that public school performance is woefully low. Yet you pay taxes to fund public education, so where does that money go? Keep reading to find out how much it really costs to educate your child.