Top Arizona Public Schools
- Arizona is the #14 largest school system in the United States, serving 1,102,288 students across the top 2,420 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Arizona public schools have a diversity score of 0.42, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- The most diverse school district in Arizona is Cobre Valley Institute Of Technology School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in Arizona or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 61% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 20:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AZ) School Average
Two or more races
Top Arizona Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 59 Schools10,844 Students84% Minority
- 76 Schools19,842 Students62% Minority
- 72 Schools18,250 Students60% Minority
- 34 Schools7,763 Students57% Minority
- 34 Schools6,693 Students47% Minority
- 8 Schools1,818 Students62% Minority
- 13 Schools2,352 Students78% Minority
- 1,263 Schools736,756 Students59% Minority
- 67 Schools23,650 Students34% Minority
- 93 Schools14,695 Students60% Minority
- 370 Schools142,553 Students67% Minority
- 119 Schools44,433 Students62% Minority
- 29 Schools9,924 Students97% Minority
- 104 Schools25,011 Students35% Minority
- 79 Schools37,704 Students86% Minority
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
Math and English grades are commonplace on report cards, but what about “fat” grades? Learn about obesity report cards and why public schools are beginning to measure BMI in all their students.
Combat the growing prevalence of bullying in public schools by learning more about effective solutions.