Commerce Elementary School serves 267 students in grades 3-4.
Commerce Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Georgia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 61% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 47% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Georgia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Georgia state average of 63% (majority Black).
- Grades: 3-4
- Enrollment: 267 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 34%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in GA
- Math Proficiency: 61% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 47% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), GA Dept. of Education
Commerce Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
Commerce Elementary School's student population of 267 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Commerce Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,168 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Commerce Elementary School is 0.53, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (GA)
Overall Testing Rank
#307 out of 2168 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), GA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Commerce Elementary School's ranking?
Commerce Elementary School is ranked #307 out of 2,168 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
61% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% GA state average), while 47% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 39% GA state average).
How many students attend Commerce Elementary School?
267 students attend Commerce Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
66% of Commerce Elementary School students are White, 18% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Black, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Commerce Elementary School?
Commerce Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the Georgia state average of 14:1.
What grades does Commerce Elementary School offer ?
Commerce Elementary School offers enrollment in grades 3-4
What school district is Commerce Elementary School part of?
Commerce Elementary School is part of Commerce City School District.
Review Commerce Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.