Como Elementary School
Como Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Como Elementary School's student population of 357 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||357 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Como Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Columbus City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Columbus Alternative High School Grades: 9-12 | 806 students
2632 Mcguffey Rd
Columbus, OH 43211
(614)365-6006 0.7 9-12 806
- Columbus Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 332 students
3392 Atwood Ter
Columbus, OH 43224
(614)365-6058 0.8 PK-5 332
- Columbus Linden-mckinley Stem Academy Grades: 7-12 | 719 students
1320 Duxberry Ave
Columbus, OH 43211
(614)365-5583 1.0 7-12 719
- Columbus Midnimo Cross Cultural Community School Grades: 6-8 | 103 students
1567 Loretta Ave
Columbus, OH 43212
(614)261-7480 1.0 6-8 103
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.