Cook County Senior High School
- Cook County Senior High School's student population of 183 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 40% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cook County Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1041 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cook County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Marais Great Expectations Grades: K-8 | 98 students
550 E 5th St
Grand Marais, MN 55604
(218)387-9322 0.5 K-8 98
- Tofte Birch Grove Community School Grades: PK-5 | 29 students
9 Goodneighbor Hill Rd
Tofte, MN 55615
(218)663-0170 27.9 PK-5 29
- Grand Portage Oshki Ogimaag Charter School Grades: K-6 | 28 students
73 Upper Rd
Grand Portage, MN 55605
(218)475-2112 33.8 K-6 28
- Silver Bay Wm. M. Kelley Secondary Grades: 7-12 | 159 students
137 Banks Blvd
Silver Bay, MN 55614
(218)226-4437 54.3 7-12 159
- Bayfield Bayfield Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 77 students
300 N 4th St
Bayfield, WI 54814
(715)779-3201 68.9 6-8 77
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.