Corley Elementary School
Corley Elementary School serves 373 students in grades 2-3.
Corley Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Alabama state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 45% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Corley Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Corley Elementary School's student population of 373 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Corley Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Corley Elementary School is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (AL)
Overall Testing Rank
#332 out of 1263 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AL Dept. of Education
Review Corley Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.