Crystal Springs Elementary School
Crystal Springs Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Crystal Springs Elementary School's student population of 555 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||555 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Crystal Springs Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 825 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#485 out of 825 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Copiah County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Crystal Springs Crystal Springs High School Grades: 9-12 | 460 students
201 Newton Street
Crystal Springs, MS 39059
(601) 892-4791 0.2 9-12 460
- Hazlehurst Hazlehurst High School Grades: 9-12 | 391 students
101 S. Haley Street
Hazlehurst, MS 39083
(601) 894-2489 8.8 9-12 391
- Hazlehurst Hazlehurst Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 785 students
112 Marvin Minor Drive
Hazlehurst, MS 39083
(601) 574-2783 9.3 PK-5 785
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?