Deerfield Beach Elementary School
- Deerfield Beach Elementary School's student population of 612 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||612 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Deerfield Beach Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2275 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Broward School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hollywood Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City Grades: K-8 | 1,179 student
2800 North Palm Ave
Hollywood, FL 33026
(954) 668-2500 0.3 K-8 1,179
- Deerfield Beach Deerfield Beach Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,113 student
701 Se 6th Ave
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
(754) 322-3300 0.5 6-8 1,113
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.