Demille Elementary School
Demille Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Demille Elementary School's student population of 479 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||479 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Demille Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has increased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3718 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Westminster School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westminster John F. Land
15151 Temple St.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714)894-7344 0.6 n/a n/a
- Midway City Jessie Hayden Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 806 students
14782 Eden St.
Midway City, CA 92655
(714)894-7261 0.9 K-5 806
- Huntington Beach Sun View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 268 students
7721 Juliette Low Dr.
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714)847-9643 1.1 K-5 268
- Westminster Westmont Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 305 students
8251 Heil Ave.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714)847-3561 1.1 K-5 305
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.