Demille Elementary School
Demille Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 20%)
- Demille Elementary School's student population of 471 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||471 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Demille Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Demille Elementary School is Westminster School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Westminster School District's student population of 9,396 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,464 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,021 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 20% over four school years.
|School District Name||Westminster School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||9,396||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$91 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$96 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,464||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,021||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westminster John F. Land Grades: PK
15151 Temple St.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714)894-7344 0.6 PK n/a
- Midway City Jessie Hayden Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 838 students
14782 Eden St.
Midway City, CA 92655
(714)894-7261 0.9 K-5 838
- Huntington Beach Sun View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 279 students
7721 Juliette Low Dr.
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714)847-9643 1.1 K-5 279
- Westminster Westmont Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 342 students
8251 Heil Ave.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714)847-3561 1.1 K-5 342
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.
Some districts are banning handcuffing, while others are cuffing kindergarteners simply throwing a temper tantrum. Read this editorial to see why this author believes slapping the cuffs on children’s wrists only leads to more behavior issues and violence in their adult lives.