Star View Elementary School
- The student population of 571 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 10% over five years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-5|
|Total Students||571 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five years.
|This School||(CA) School Average|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- Ocean View School District's student population of 8,721 students has decreased by 7% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $8,508 in this district is less than the state average of $10,991. The district revenue/student has declined by 7% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,856 is less than the state average of $11,482. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Ocean View School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||8,721||1,564|
|District Total Revenue||$80 MM||$17 MM|
|District Spending||$83 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,508||$10,991|
|District Spending / Student||$8,856||$11,482|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Midway CityDemille Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-6 | 471 students
15400 Van Buren
Midway City, CA 92655
- WestminsterWestmont Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 342 students
8251 Heil Ave.
Westminster, CA 92683
- Huntington BeachSun View Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 279 students
7721 Juliette Low Dr.
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
- Fountain ValleyVista View Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 667 students
16250 Hickory St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- Midway City Jessie Hayden Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 838 students
14782 Eden St.
Midway City, CA 92655
I use to go to this school in the early seventies and really enjoyed it. The teachers were extremely fun such as Ms. Starleaf, Ms. Dubin, and Mr. T. I started to really think about this wonderful place when my dad passed away a couple days ago. His name is Dale Farris, he was the individual that started the flag football program there. I was just curious if they still had that great program. I truly hope so because it taught sportsmanship, honor, respect, and team spirit. In short, a sense of community pride. Please, I would be extremely greatful if someone would inform of this program's lifespan. Thank you very much, I truly appreciate any information abailable. -- Stephen D. Farris
- Posted by Student/Alumni - sfarr
May 24, 2018
Cell phone policies are changing at schools across the country, and some are even embracing the technology to enhance the learning experience or improve student safety.
May 18, 2018
Find out where the members of the 115th House of Representatives went to school and how many chose private school over public school for their own children.
April 05, 2018
Every year, standardized tests reveal that public school performance is woefully low. Yet you pay taxes to fund public education, so where does that money go? Keep reading to find out how much it really costs to educate your child.