Star View Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Star View Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Star View Elementary School's student population of 571 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||571 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Star View Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Star View Elementary School is Ocean View School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Ocean View School District's student population of 8,787 students has decreased by 6% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,508 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,856 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Ocean View School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||8,787||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$80 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$83 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,508||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$8,856||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Midway City Demille Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 471 students
15400 Van Buren
Midway City, CA 92655
(714)894-7224 0.4 K-6 471
- Westminster Westmont Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 342 students
8251 Heil Ave.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714)847-3561 0.8 K-5 342
- Huntington Beach Sun View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 279 students
7721 Juliette Low Dr.
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714)847-9643 0.9 K-5 279
- Fountain Valley Vista View Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 667 students
16250 Hickory St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714)842-0626 0.9 6-8 667
- Midway City Jessie Hayden Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 838 students
14782 Eden St.
Midway City, CA 92655
(714)894-7261 1.0 K-5 838
I use to go to this school in the early seventies and really enjoyed it. The teachers were extremely fun such as Ms. Starleaf, Ms. Dubin, and Mr. T. I started to really think about this wonderful place when my dad passed away a couple days ago. His name is Dale Farris, he was the individual that started the flag football program there. I was just curious if they still had that great program. I truly hope so because it taught sportsmanship, honor, respect, and team spirit. In short, a sense of community pride. Please, I would be extremely greatful if someone would inform of this program's lifespan. Thank you very much, I truly appreciate any information abailable. -- Stephen D. Farris
- Posted by Student/Alumni - sfarr
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.