Star View Elementary School
- Star View Elementary School's student population of 509 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||509 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Star View Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2141 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ocean View School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Midway City Demille Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 479 students
15400 Van Buren
Midway City, CA 92655
(714)894-7224 0.4 K-6 479
- Westminster Westmont Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 305 students
8251 Heil Ave.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714)847-3561 0.8 K-5 305
- Huntington Beach Sun View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 268 students
7721 Juliette Low Dr.
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
(714)847-9643 0.9 K-5 268
- Fountain Valley Vista View Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 680 students
16250 Hickory St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714)842-0626 0.9 6-8 680
- Midway City Jessie Hayden Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 806 students
14782 Eden St.
Midway City, CA 92655
(714)894-7261 1.0 K-5 806
I use to go to this school in the early seventies and really enjoyed it. The teachers were extremely fun such as Ms. Starleaf, Ms. Dubin, and Mr. T. I started to really think about this wonderful place when my dad passed away a couple days ago. His name is Dale Farris, he was the individual that started the flag football program there. I was just curious if they still had that great program. I truly hope so because it taught sportsmanship, honor, respect, and team spirit. In short, a sense of community pride. Please, I would be extremely greatful if someone would inform of this program's lifespan. Thank you very much, I truly appreciate any information abailable. -- Stephen D. Farris
- Posted by Student/Alumni - sfarr
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.