Druid Hills High School
Druid Hills High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Druid Hills High School's student population of 1279 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 85 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,279 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Druid Hills High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Druid Hills High School is Dekalb County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dekalb County School District's student population of 101,389 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 70% has increased from 59% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,720 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,687 is higher than the state average of $9,903. The district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|School District Name||Dekalb County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||101,389||3,295|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,159 MM||$33 MM|
|District Spending||$1,156 MM||$33 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,720||$9,937|
|District Spending / Student||$11,687||$9,903|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Westchester Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 316 students
758 Scott Blvd
Decatur, GA 30030
(404)370-4400 0.9 PK-3 316
- Atlanta Fernbank Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 583 students
157 Heaton Park Dr Ne
Atlanta, GA 30307
(678)874-9302 1.0 PK-5 583
- Decatur Clairemont Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 335 students
155 Erie Ave
Decatur, GA 30030
(404)370-4450 1.4 PK-3 335
- Atlanta Briar Vista Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 503 students
1131 Briar Vista Ter Ne
Atlanta, GA 30324
(678)874-5902 1.7 PK-5 503
- Atlanta Uhs Of Laurel Heights Grades: 1-12 | 49 students
934 Briarcliff Rd Ne
Atlanta, GA 30306
(404)888-7876 1.8 1-12 49
This is the best school by far. This school cares about your education and you kids. They are very supportive. The kids are nice and respectful thats why i let my kid go there its amazing really it is.
- Posted by Teacher - miilo