East Newton High School
East Newton High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- East Newton High School's student population of 429 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||429 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Newton High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,073 schools in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall School Rank||#252 out of 2,073 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||EAST NEWTON CO. R-VI School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granby Granby Grades: PK-8 | 556 students
440 E High St
Granby, MO 64844
(417)472-6279 3.0 PK-8 556
- Neosho Benton Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 482 students
1120 Carl Sweeney Pkwy
Neosho, MO 64850
(417)451-8610 6.9 K-4 482
- Neosho Neosho Center For Interventn/supp Grades: PK-12
180 Cemetary Road
Neosho, MO 64850
(417)451-2450 7.7 PK-12 n/a
- Neosho Field Early Child./kdgn. Center Grades: PK | 195 students
302 Smith Ave
Neosho, MO 64850
(417)451-8630 7.8 PK 195
Oi sou brasileiro achei um carto de memria que contm fotos de aluno ou at mesmo ex alunos da sua escola queria poder devolver este carto de memria para o dono mas no sei o seu nome e nem da onde ele queria saber se vocs Poderiam me ajudar a devolver. Vou deixar o meu WhatsApp aqui 55 51 99547-1417 Meu nome William Marcelo Oliveira da Rosa Obrigado pela sua ateno!!
- Posted by Parent - William Marcelo Oliveira da Rosa
my children have grown up in this school district and are all now in high school. There are bad apples in every bunch,but weve had no problems with bullying drugs etc. Our children are athletes as well as students. Keep your children focused on there futures and you dont have to worry about them overcoming some of the things thrown in there way. Remember no ones high school was perfect. Go Patriots
- Posted by Parent - erika
School is infested with drugs, school administration acknowledges the problem but does nothing to remedy, stating there is no funding resources available. Kids try to sell and push drugs at school and the administration says absolutly nothing to the offending students. Their solution is to call the County sherrif.. the sherrif will not respond to the call due to the lack of available officers. So NOTHING is done. This problem is rampent in both Jr. high schools as well as the high school. Teachers are often not supervising in the classrooms, halls, or lunch rooms. Poverty, drug abuse,bullying, theft, teen pregnancy, and high school drop-outs are extremly prevailient. Parental involvment in the schools is non-exsistant. Inner-city schools have better supervision and safety for their students than this one.. which is in a rural area with low student-teacher ratio's...
- Posted by Parent - j4643